Getting involved in the Erasmus program is part of the global strategy of the Regional Hospital Center of Metz-Thionville as well as the Hospital Complex of Briey which is in charge of the IFSI (Nursing Care Training Centers) of Metz, Thionville and Briey. The Metz-Thionville Hospital Complex is already committed to cooperation and partnership programs such as HOPE, INTERREG IVB.
Our organization is very much aware of the need to open up to other countries because the IFSI establishments are located in the area where Belgian, Luxemburg and German borders meet. Moreover, in those areas the cultural diversity of the population is a result of migration flows from various European countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal). Thus, it has become obvious to us that open-mindedness, knowing foreign healthcare systems, acquiring intercultural skills and developing a European culture are assets that will contribute to the vocational identity of nursing students.
Implementing European and international projects aims at :
- Improving the skills and professional competences of students.
- Pushing for personal and professional improvement through opening students’ minds to other cultures.
- Promoting the development of self-reliance, adaptability and self-knowledge.
- Bolstering the ethics of respect of persons.
- Comparing various professional practices and thus getting students to think about their own.
- Improving the quality of care.
- Improving the quality and relevance of teaching methods.
- Building bridges between teaching, research and the professional world.
The Erasmus+University Charter has been granted to the IFSI of Metz, Thionville and Briey. This will provide students with opportunities in their internships and/or classes within the framework of the Erasmus+ 2021/2027 program for Education and Training of the European Commission.